Archives & Records Management
Archives & Records Management support researchers’ needs by collecting, arranging, and preserving records that document the ministerial and business affairs of the Archdiocese of Seattle from the 1840s onward. This information is available through in-person visits to our reading room, online access to digital materials, and remote reference services.
We support operations of the Archdiocese of Seattle by:
- Preserving evidence of key decisions and activities of chancery offices and programs.
- Maintaining records of the Archbishops’ positions on important issues and relationships with other organizations.
- Ensuring risk management and legal compliance through defensible records policies and practices.
- Training Church personnel in records management compliance.
- Providing information resources for diocesan staff.
- Ensuring complete reviews of evidence during litigation.