Celebrate the joy of the Easter Season
The Easter Season is 50 days, from April 9 to May 28, Pentecost Sunday. This Easter Season, we invite you to be intentional about proclaiming and celebrating the Risen Christ throughout this joyous season.
Happy Easter from Archbishop Etienne
In this video, Archbishop Etienne invites you to fully celebrate the joy of the Easter Season. After watching the video, scroll down for ideas.
Learn more about Easter Feasts & Solemnities
Solemnity of Pentecost
The Solemnity of the Pentecost commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles, fifty days after the Resurrection. ...
Celebrate the joy of Easter
- Say the Paschal greeting every day: "Christ is risen. He is risen indeed!"
- Light a Paschal candle. Make your own or just use a simple white candle and say the Paschal greeting with your family as you light it at dinner.
- Witness Christ's joy. If asked why you are joyful and hopeful, have the courage to give Christ as your source.
- Serve others with joy and pray for others.
- Joyfully feast. Easter is the feast of all feasts, a time of celebrating and feasting. Enjoy dessert tonight!
Other ways to live Easter joy
Learn more about Easter
Go to the USCCB's page, What is Easter?, to learn more about it and share with others.
Read the daily Gospel
Start or re-start a habit of reading the daily Gospel, provided by the USCCB. Also available in audio format.
Pray your daily 15
Resolve this Easter Season to spend 15 uninterrupted minutes with our Lord every day. It will change you.
Listen to Bible a Year
Father Mike Schmitz's podcast top the charts for a reason. You can start any time. Start today.
Listen to Catechism in a Year
Another great podcast from Father Mike Schmitz. You can start any time. Start today.
Add Catholic media
Tired of only hearing secular news? Go to Northwest Catholic's website, sign up for their weekly newsletter, or explore other Catholic media options.
Pray Liturgy of the Hours
This prayer of the Church marks the hours of each day. Start with just Morning or Evening Prayer. The Laudate app makes it easy.
Pray for others' joy
Start a prayer list in a journal or on the notes app on your phone to remind yourself for your daily prayers. Let others know you are praying for them.
Start a gratitude journal
Every day, write down something you are grateful for to God.
Seek the Eucharist
Christ is risen and is present in the Eucharist. Seek him at Mass and adoration.
Pray the Regina Coeli
During the Easter Season, it''s traditional to pray the Regina Coeli instead of the Angelus at noon.
Pray the Via Lucis
These Stations of the Resurrection focus on events from the Resurrection. Read more on Northwest Catholic.
Say a daily aspiration
Find a joyful quote or aspiration from Scripture to say every day this Easter. Philippians 4:4 is a good start.
Go on a local prayer trek
Hike two local outdoor stations of the cross or bike a local rosary route. Learn more.
Honor Mary this May
May is part of the Easter season, and it's the month we celebrate and honor Mary, the Mother of God and our mother. Ways to honor Mary:
- Pray the rosary, every day if possible.
- Pray the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Do a May crowning of Mary at your parish or at home.
- Create a mini Marian grotto with a statue of Mary.
- Celebrate the anniversary of our Lady's apparition at Fatima on May 13, the Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary on May 31.
Follow @ArchdioceseofSeattle on Facebook and Instagram for inspirational posts and suggestions for celebrating all 50 days of Easter. Share the Good News!