Celebrate the joy of the Easter Season
The Easter Season is 50 days — longer than Lent. This Easter Season, we invite you to be intentional about proclaiming and celebrating the Risen Christ throughout this joyous season.
Ways to celebrate all 50 days
Pray your daily 15
Resolve this Easter Season to spend 15 uninterrupted minutes with our Lord every day. It will change you.
Listen to Bible in a Year
Father Mike Schmitz's popular daily podcast tops the charts for a reason. Listen and find out why.
Start a gratitude journal
Every day, write down something you are grateful for to God, for his grace in your life.
Display your joy
Write a message of joy and put it in your window, even a simple "Happy Easter!"
Say a daily aspiration
Find a joyful quote or aspiration from Scripture to say every day this Easter. Philippians 4:4 is a good start.
Pray for others' joy
Open the notes app on your phone and start a prayer list. Start with a prayer of conversion, to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to others.
Say the Paschal greeting
Say the Paschal greeting every day: "Christ is risen. He is risen indeed!"
Easter is the feast of all feasts, a time of celebrating and feasting. Enjoy dessert tonight!
Witness Christ's joy
If asked why you are joyful and hopeful, have the courage to give Christ as your source.
Celebrate with music
Make an Easter song list, from Haydn to praise songs. Anything uplifting.
Sow seeds of joy
Make seed paper or grow some wildflower seeds to remind you of God's grace.
Pray Liturgy of the Hours
This prayer of the Church marks the hours of each day. Start with just Morning or Evening Prayer. The Laudate app makes it easy.
Seek the Eucharist
Christ is risen and is present in the Eucharist. Seek him at Mass and adoration.
Pray the Via Lucis
These Stations of the Resurrection focus on events from the Resurrection. Read more on Northwest Catholic.
Celebrate with baking
Bake all Easter season: Paschal Lamb cake, Resurrection cookies, lamb bread ...
Visit a holy place
Go out of your way to visit a Catholic shrine you've never seen and say a prayer.
Serve others joyfully
Look for ways you can show Christ's love to others, helping a neighbor or at your parish.
Share the joy
Leave a bowl of sealed Easter candy on your front porch with a "Happy Easter" sign to thank delivery people.
Make a sweet reminder
Put 50 chocolate foil Easter eggs or jelly beans in a jar and eat one a day to remind you it's the Easter season.
Easter solemnities and highlights
- April 11: Sunday of Divine Mercy. For more about Divine Mercy, click here.
- May 16: Ascension of the Lord. We celebrate Christ's bodily ascent into his heavenly kingdom. (Traditionally observed on the previous Thursday, this solemnity is transferred to Sunday in most dioceses in the United States.)
- May 23: Pentecost Sunday. The solemnity of Pentecost is the 50th day of Easter, celebrating the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples, empowering them to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Honor Mary this May
May is part of the Easter season, and it's the month we celebrate and honor Mary, the Mother of God and our mother. Ways to honor Mary:
- Pray the rosary.
- Pray the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Do a May crowning of Mary at your parish or at home.
- Create a mini Marian grotto with a statue of Mary.
- Celebrate the two Marian feast days in May: May 24 is the feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church; and May 31 is the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Follow @ArchdioceseofSeattle on Facebook and Instagram for inspirational posts and suggestions for celebrating all 50 days of Easter. Share the Good News!